What's In My Make Up Bag? Holiday Edition!

Hello everyone!


This summer is going to be very exciting for me as I have a lot going on! One even I am particularly excited about is my holiday! I'm going to Turkey for 2 weeks in August I've never been before so I'm really excited!

Of course, I couldn't even contemplate going two weeks without make up, that's just insane! However, at the same time I don't want to take my whole make up collection with me as I know I'll be tempted to use every product I'll bring! I finally narrowed it down to what make up products I'm taking and I thought it would be a nice idea to share them with you!

A few products I am taking have already been mentioned in my Top 5 Everyday Make Up Products blog post check that out it's the previous post!


Foundation

As it's going to be really hot I was set on buying a bb cream or tinted moisturiser however, BB creams tend to have less coverage than a foundation and I know I'm more likely to use a foundation than a BB cream when I come back so I decided that since I'll only be wearing face makeup at night my skin could take wearing foundation in the heat! The foundation I will be taking is, of course, my Maybelline Fit Me as it's my favourite foundation EVER at the moment!



Powder

You can't have foundation without a powder (well you can, but I just like to make things difficult for myself) so I'm going to take my Fit Me powder! 


Blush

For blush I will be taking a new product that I have never tried before (risky I know) this product is Maybelline's Fit Me blush! Since I'm in love with the foundation and powder I thought I'd give the blush a go to. I probably won't even be needing the blush as my face will be red enough from sunburn but just in case!

Bronzer

Although I will be (hopefully) tanned I still want to take a bronzer so I can contour as my face doesn't have much shape! I will of course be using my much loved Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder as I love how the colour builds up without looking too much!

Eyeliner

As mentioned in my Top 5 Everyday Make up Products post (link above) I couldn't find my save and grace which is Rimmel's Gel Eyeliner so I decided to look around Boots and see if I could find one that would take its space for two weeks. I came across Collection 2000's Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner, again a product I have never tried before but when I tested it out on my hand it seemed fine so I'm looking forward to trying this product out! The only thing is that I believe this product is not waterproof and I will be wearing eye make up to the pool and beach however, thats not a problem as I doubt the eyeliner will come off anyway! I will do a review of this product when I come back!

Mascara

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I don't wear just one mascara I wear about 4 or 5 different ones to get my lashes looking how I like them but I didn't want to take up room in my make up bag by bringing every mascara I own so I've narrowed it down to 2!

Ever since Maybelline's Rocket Volum' Express mascara came out I have been dying to try it so I thought I'd buy it but wait until I was on holiday to use it. This plan was fine and good to go until I discovered that the mascara was NOT WATERPROOF! This was my fault and it really annoyed me as 1. I had been waiting for months to use this mascara but was holding on because I was under the assumption it was waterproof so I would use it for the pool when I could've actually started using it months ago realising my error and 2. I now have to buy another waterproof mascara to wear during the day. Silly me!

The other mascara I will take is Max Factor Clump Defy by False Lash Effect. I also had a mix up with this mascara too as I picked it up assuming it was black only to find after that it was actually 'black brown' I was very irritated by this as I only wear black mascara however, I decided to try it out and I really like it as it doesn't look as harsh but in future I will still be buying black mascaras! I'm still undecided as to what other waterproof mascara to buy I'll let you know when I finally purchase it!

Primer

As I am taking eyeshadow I thought I should take a primer as I always wear primer when using eyeshadow as it brings out the colour of the product and it keeps it on for longer too. I've only ever used one primer which is everyone's favourite Urban Decay Primer Potion. Recently I've not seen Urban Decay in Boots or any other shop so I'm not sure where I can repurchase this product I feel that if I can't find it anywhere I may cry as I love it so much!


Eyeshadow

When it comes to eyeshadow I like to be creative however in my eyes that means bringing lots of different eyeshadows and creating different looks. As much as I love doing that, I know bringing loads of eyeshadows will take up loads of room in my make up bag so I decided to cheat and bring two duo eyeshadows. I decided to get MAx Factor Smokey Eye Effect Eyeshadow as I thought that it will take up hardly any room but I could still create nice looks! I got the shades Silver Storm and Bronze Haze (I'm sure judging by the names you can tell which is which!). Once again, I have not tried this product and depending on how I like them I may also do a review!

Lips

When it comes to lipstick I can survive as long as I have three different shades. One nude, one coral/pink and one darker pink/plum colour. I'm in love with Barry M's lipsticks as the colours are beautiful, the product stays on my lips for a long time, they are so inexpensive and they last a long while! I also fell in love with lip stains or 'lip tints' a while ago when I tried Max Factor's Lipfinity
Lasting Lip Tint. I love these as the stunning colours stay on my lips for ages and only fade when I take them off with a make up wipe (perfect when sipping cocktails!) The shade I am using is 03 in Pink Princess and I really do love it! Unfortunately, I have had the Barry M lipsticks for a while and the shades have wiped off so I am unsure which colours they are however I'm sure you'll find them using a colour chart and looking at them in store!



Mirror

As for the mirror, I'm just going to be taking a mirror/brush I got from Primark for £1!

So thats it, although it may seem a lot of products to some for me it's not a lot at all! I hope you've enjoyed reading this.

Thank you,
                                      Becca x

Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne