Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge First Impression/Review
Hello Everyone!
I am very excited to make this blog post because I have been wanting to try out this product for a very long time now! As you know, I am a huge fan of make up and I'm always trying to find new ways to get the best products and best results. A while ago now, a particular product was hyped up by everyone this product is the very impressive 'Beauty Blender'.
In case you're not sure what a Beauty Blender is, its a make up sponge that is used by using bouncing motions on your skin to give your foundation a flawless, airbrushed finished. I first found out about Beauty Blenders when I noticed nearly every Beauty Guru on YouTube was using one and they were all saying how amazing this product was. Since then I've always wanted to try it however, it is a bit pricy at around £20 a sponge. I took It upon myself to try and find a similar product for only a fraction of the price and I'm glad to say I've found exactly that!
Yesterday, I purchased Cosmopolitan's Blend Perfection Sponge. It basically is the Beauty Blender in a different shape, different packaging and a very different price! I got this sponge from Superdrug for the small price of just £4.99 a complete and utter bargain!
When using this sponge you have to do slightly more than just put your foundation or BB cream on it and wipe it on your face. Here are a few directions telling you how to use your Beauty Blender properly.
Step 1:
The Blend Perfect Sponge will seem very small at first so before applying and product you must wet the sponge, I usually just leave it under the sink for a few seconds. This will make the sponge double in size.
Step 2:
Once the sponge is wet, squeeze it to drain out any excess water, the sponge will still remain double its original size.
Step 3:
Apply foundation/BB Cream to the back of your hand or on the bigger part of the sponge and apply using a gentle bouncing motion, this will make your foundation blend giving an airbrush effect. You can use the top pointed part to blend in make up in ears hard to reach such as the corners of your nose and under the eyes.
Step 4:
Wash after use
As I said, the sponge is small but you must add water for the sponge to work correctly, it will then double in size. Here is a picture comparing the sponge before and after it gets wet.
It really is simple to use and it works like a charm. I had high hopes for this product so I was worried I would be disappointed however, my first impression of this product was the same as everyone else’s, I was highly satisfied.
As I mentioned before, when compared to the original Beauty Blender, you will notice that the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge is a different shape. The Beauty Blender is similar to an ‘egg’ shape with a pointed tip, the Blend Perfection Sponge nips in at the middle which makes it easier to hold. Here is a photo to compare them both.
I have not yet tried the original Beauty Blender as I didn’t want to spend over £20 on a product when I could’ve spent less than £5 on another product which is almost the same! I am very pleased with this purchase especially as it was very inexpensive and works so well.
I hope you've enjoyed reading my first impression and review of the Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge and I hope this has inspired you to try this brilliant product!
Thank you,
Becca x


Comments
Post a Comment