Seeing Splash!

For those of you who don't know what Splash is, it's a tv show on ITV where olympic bronze medalist Tom Daley teaches celebrities how to dive. A friend of mine is a huge Tom Daley fan and managed to get tickets to go to Luton Sport Village and see the show!

After waiting for 5 hours in the freezing cold we finally got our wristbands (which were bright pink- cute I know!) and made our way into the area where the filming of Splash was taking place. 


My neon pink Splash wristband.
The celebrities diving were Joey Essex from The Only Way Is Essex, super model Caprice, Sky Sports presenter Charlotte Jackson, tv presenter Diarmuid Gavin and ski jumper Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards. From the second the celebrities came out it was obvious that Joey was the crowds favourite (except for Tom Daley that is!)

I had a really good view and sitting underneath me were some of the towie cast supporting Joey. My friend managed to get this sneaky picture of Tom, Diags,Sam and the back of Arg's head before they sat down. 

Tom, back of Arg, Diags and Sam supporting Joey!

Personally, out of all the celebrities I thought Caprice and Eddie did the best, I'm a big fan of Charlotte as I've always wanted to work on Sky Sports and considering she broke her toe she managed to do two brilliant dives (in my uneducated opinion!)

At the end of the show, Eddie received the most votes from the public and automatically was through to the next round, Charlotte and Joey were in the 'splash off' so it was a battle of the best diver. I was impressed when Joey went to go all out and go to the 10 meter board for the second time of the night. He did really well and all the towie lot looked really proud of him especially his sister Frankie. I managed to get a cheeky picture of them together after the show!
Frankie and Joey Essex after Joey didn't get through.
In the end, the judges put through Charlotte which I was happy about because she did really well. After the show I even got  a tweet from Charlotte saying thank you for the support which really made my day because I've been a fan of hers for ages!

Charlotte Jackson tweeting me after the show!

If I've learnt anything from seeing splash live its that diving isn't as easy as it looks and Joey Essex, Vernon Kay and Tom Daley are even better looking in real life! 






Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne