Ed Sheeran Concert



I saw Ed Sheeran 16th October 2012 and I thought that it was so amazing that I just had to write a blog post about it! 

For those of you who don't know who Ed Sheeran is (where have you been?!) he is an English singer/songwriter who is well known for his moving lyrics and his ginger hair! Ed has been constantly topping the charts since his first single 'A Team' was released. It took me over six hours to get tickets for Ed's gig at the Hammersmith Apollo but I love his music so much I refused to give up, and I'm so glad I got the tickets!

Outside Hammersmith Apollo 


I waited about 5 hours outside of Hammersmith Apollo before the gig because I knew that it was a sell out and I wanted to be as near to the front of the stage as possible. Considering I was sitting on a cold floor for 5 hours time passed quickly and eventually I was inside the apollo and managed to bag myself second row! I generally couldn't believe how close I was to the front and by now I just couldn't wait for the gig to start. 

Ed had two supporting acts, Passenger and Foy Vance both of them we're amazing and performed with Ed later on during the night (Foy Vance sung kiss me with Ed it was amazing!) I managed to get a picture of Passenger although it's blurry you can still make out who it is! 

Ed's support act, Passenger 

I find that at some concerts after the support acts finish there is a long wait for the main act to come on so I was shocked when about five minutes after Foy Vance finished Ed casually strolled on stage! I must admit I felt a little starstruck! I love Ed and his music so seeing him about 10 feet away from me was a bit overwhelming the first song he sung was 'Give me love' and he finished the song with a guitar solo which lasted for ages but was incredible! 



The main man himself the incredible Ed Sheeran

Throughout the whole night Ed involved the audience getting us to sing different parts of his songs, he had no DJ or band with him just him, his guitar (Trevor, named after one of the crew) and his loop pedal. There were no pre recorded vocals he just sang into the microphone and recorded himself there and then in front of 5000 people and played it back.

It was like no other gig I've been to and he is easily of the most talented (and nicest) people I've seen live! If you're considering seeing Ed live do it, you won't be disappointed! 



Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne