Rant With Me #1- My Pet Peeves
I’ll hold my hands up and
admit that I love a good rant! Part of me thrives off of having a
moan and getting whatever is bothering me off my chest. I know plenty
of other people who are like this too so like my babes Sam Smith says, I know
I’m not
the only one. Maybe I gravitate towards people similar to myself because deep
down we know that we can have a massive shady rant! So today I thought I would
share with you just a few pet peeves that really fricking irritate me.
Since commuting to London
every day I have come to realise just how much I hate it when public
transport is just not up to par. Delays, buses or trains just not showing up,
packed carriages (especially when it’s hot and someone low key forgot to shower and or
apply deodorant that day). The list could literally go on! I’ve found
myself on more than one occasion posting a shady tweet telling train lines how
appalling their service is purely because standing stranded on a train platform
is not
my ideal way to spend my time. I also hate that I spend so much money on public
transport when crappy situations like the ones I mention happen on a fairly
regular basis. I know some of you may think ‘well if you hate public transport
why don’t you learn how to drive?’ sad thing is- I DO DRIVE! My car is
like my baby and I’ve been driving since I was 17. I have to take public
transport to get to work, which makes this whole situation even more annoying!
Oh my God I swear I can’t
decide if it’s worse, having slow internet or no internet! It’s so frustrating
when the internet decides it doesn’t want to work at a reasonable speed and
takes forever to load a page! This becomes even more frustrating when you have
a time limit to complete something. Have you ever tried to buy concert tickets
with slow internet? MOST. STRESSFUL. THING EVER. This also applies to
when I’m waiting for Netflix to load when all I want to do is watch episode 413
of a series that I started the day before.
I hate nothing more than
innocently scrolling through social media and then some absolute cretin
decides to go into great detail about the latest
episode of a TV most people watch- spoiling it for the unfortunate souls who
have yet to find out the most ground breaking moment of the series. NO I
DID NOT WANT TO SEE WHO A IS. NO I DID NOT WANT TO FIND OUT WHO GOT DUMPED FROM
LOVE ISLAND. If I was stupid and deliberately searched the show, then
fair play, it’s my own fault, but it’s so annoying when a TV show gets
spoiled for you when you didn’t even go searching for spoilers.
I like to think of myself as
a polite person, I get told I’m polite on a regular basis, so much so that I
get the legit piss taken out of me because of how many times I say ‘please’ and
‘thank you’. Now, while I may be excessive, I fail to understand how there are
some people out there who just lack basic manners! It’s not hard to
say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’, especially if someone has gone out of their way
to do something for you. This also goes for lateness, now I know sometimes we
can’t help being late (especially if you take public transport, may I remind
you of pet peeve #1) but when people are always late it’s not funny or ‘just
how they are’ it’s just rude. Rude people annoy me so much to the point
where I can recall a moment a few years ago where I held the door open for ages
for someone back at school and they didn’t say thank you. Years later, I still
hold a grudge towards that person and think they are really, really rude (yes,
this could just be me being extra petty- but it was rude I don’t care). I just
don’t understand why some people are just down right rude. Are you having a bad
day? Were you not raised to be a polite human being? Or are you just a massive
dick?
So there we have it, just a
few things that get me absolutely raging. I would love to
carry on, but truth be told the list would go on over and it would probably end
up putting me in a very bad mood! Feel free to share you pet peeves so we can
all have a massive rant together. Those who shade together… stay together!
Until next time,
Until next time,
Becca x
All gifs are from http://giphy.com







Comments
Post a Comment