Lana Del Rey Paradise Tour, London


Lana Del Rey has been my idol for a while now and I can honestly say I don’t think I can go a day without listening to her music so when I managed to get tickets to see her I couldn’t wait. 


Monday 20th May I saw Lana at Hammersmith Apollo in London, as I’m a huge fan of Lana’s I had really high expectations as I’m glad to say I was not disappointed in the slightest. I waited a long time to see her and I don't regret it and got second row (eventually I managed to get front row and Lana held my hand, yes I got WAY over excited about that!) Lana's Dad even made an appearance to hand out some signed merchandise to say hello and even took photos with some of the fans which was a really cute touch. 

Once everyone was in it was time for the support act to start the show. I think that support acts need to be able to sell themselves and perform the best they can after all they have a hard job of performing to thousands of people who just want to see the main artist perform, a few support acts I've seen in the past have been fairy mediocre however some have been fantastic so Kassidy had a lot to live up too.In case you didn't know Kassidy are a Scottish band with 4 members one of which is actually Lana's boyfriend. I've heard a few of Kassidy's songs before and I enjoyed them so I was excited to see what else they had to offer and I can honestly say they really raised the bar. The vocals and overall performance was good and I think I'd happily see them live again.
Lana's support act, Kassidy. Second from the left is Barrie-James, Lana's boyf!


Kassidy made a huge impact and got the crowd going and ready for Lana. At dead on 9pm Lana’s band started playing really dramatic music and she casually walked on stage. It’s sad to say that a lot of artist these days rely on autotune or mime when they’re supposed to be performing so it was nice to see someone just simply sing on stage. Lana’s known for her soothing vocals and she’s even better live. 

One thing that made this concert special was Lana walking off the stage and meeting her fans whilst singing I was second row so I had an amazing view pretty much the whole night especially when she was literally inches away from me. Just before the final song played I managed to grab a spot in the front row as Lana began to sing one of my favourite songs ‘National Anthem’ it was literally like fate. Towards the end of the song Lana walked off the stage into the audience again and this time she walked directly up to me and held my hand. Lana is my idol and I’m not exaggerating when I say that this was the hilight of my night, it just topped an amazing night off and I’ll never forget it. It was this time that Lana also signed people’s merchandise which is very unusual for artist to do I think this shows how much she appreciates her fans for always being there. 
Lana Del Rey walking off stage to meet fans

From the support act, to the staging, to the band to Lana’s incredible vocals and meeting my idol this was definitely one of if not the best concert I have ever seen. I’m hoping she tours again very soon because I will 100% be buying a ticket so I can see her perform again. It’s nice listening to the music your idols make but actually seeing and meeting them is something else. 

I’m one of these people take photos of everything and my Mum was nice enough to play photographer for the night so I could watch the concert without worrying about taking pictures, so thank you Mum! 

I’d like to end this blog by saying how amazing Lana Del Rey is and I’d highly recommend you see her if you ever get the chance you won’t be disappointed. 
Here are just some of the photos from the concert. An amazing night I'll never forget. 


Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne