Child Stars: Then & Now


We’ve known about them nearly all our lives. They’ve been household names ever since we can remember, it’s almost as if we’ve grown up with them. Of course, I’m talking about child stars. The celebrities that have been famous for most of their lives and of course most of ours. Child stars are known for being charming, cute, funny and positive influences to young children everywhere however, do these little darlings keep their squeaky clean reputations when they become all grown up? Lets take a look shall we? 

First on the list is everyone’s southern girl once known as America’s sweetheart the one and only Destiny hope (or Miley to me and you) Cyrus. Miley has always had some form of celebrity status (perks of having a father who just happens to be one of the most famous country singers, cheers Billy Ray) but she rose to fame when she stepped on our screens as everyone’s favourite secret teen pop star Hannah Montana. When Hannah Montana first came on our screens Miley was the disney star with the long brown hair, cute cheesy smile and a strong southern accent what more could you want in a child star? For years she graced us with cheesy (and let’s be honest very unfunny) jokes and even cheesier songs but it’s fair to say that Miley has changed more than ‘just a little bit’ since her Disney days. 

Firstly, she’s released a train of hit songs with a less bubble gum feel to them with music video’s that are more on the less than squeaky clean Disney side. She’s also done a number of sexy photo shoots proving that she’s not the same 14 year old angel she was when she started Hannah Montana then there was the time she chopped all her fabulous locks off and went for a more punky rock chick look (who could forget that?). She’s also managed to pull an extremely beautiful Aussie, if you know me personally you’ll know I see this as both a major achievement and ambition. So it’s safe to say that Miley has managed to finally ditch her good girl Disney star reputation. Miley, I salute you.  

Miley Cyrus in her Hannah Montana years and again in 2013 


Next on the list we have Amanda Bynes. Amanda first came to fame when she had her own show ‘The Amanda Show’ (how did they think of that name aye?). As a child I’ll say hand on heart that this show was my life! I watched it every day and I could basically quote the scripts (I didn’t have much of a social life when I was 6, 11 years later nothings really changed!). Amanda Bynes was one of my idols which makes it even harder to believe how much she’s changed. Amanda has been reasonably quiet in the public eye up until recently and the reason she’s piped up again is because of some of her lets say ‘unique’ Twitter antics.

So, first she tweets that she wants rapper Drake to in a more polite way hook up with her (you can find her exact words on Google I can’t put it on my blog I’ll cringe too much) she then decides to post pictures of herself topless. She’s also shaved half of her head and got her cheeks pierced as a pierced up person myself I can’t see anything wrong with this however I don’t see the appeal of trying to get the whole world to know about every piece body modification I have. Some people may say that she’s ‘going off the rails’ but I think she’s just a little crazy and craving attention but she’s not afraid to be herself, even though she’s proving herself to be borderline weird. 

It's fair to say child star Amanda Bynes has changed over the years! 

Lastly, we have Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Cheaper By The Dozen 2 and Twilight star (and my future husband) Taylor Lautner. I remember the first time I saw Taylor Lautner was when I was about 9 in Cheaper by the Dozen 2, I remember thinking that he was quite cute (turns out my thoughts we’re quite innocent once upon a time) years later Twilight came out and I decided that I had to marry this boy who played Jacob Black turns out he was the one in that film I saw years ago. Since his Shark boy days Taylor has developed one of the best bodies and won awards. I loved him then and I love him now, coincidence I think not!

He's managed to bag Taylor Swift and I can't recall him doing anything shocking or illegal well done Taylor, not many child stars can say that these days! 

From cute faced young actor to sexy werewolf it seems Taylor Lautner is a well behaved child star!  


So there we have it 3 child stars then and now! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it! Thank you for reading. 

Love, Becca x 

Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne