Ways To De-Stress & Relax!


Hello everyone, 


Right now I’m writing this post while I feel extremely tired but I can’t bring myself to leave my computer and get into bed. It’s fair to say that due to college deadlines and other added pressures, I’ve not exactly been feeling 100% recently. The feeling of being worried and tired inspired my to write this post: how to de-stress and relax! 


Now I’m going to clarify that I’m not a doctor or psychologist I’m simple an 18 year old student who gets stressed because over coursework and ‘what do I wear tonight?’ so my advise is by no means professional! I’m just simply giving some friendly advise and tips that make me (and hopefully you too) less stressed! 

"Why So Stressed?" 


First things first, find out the route of the problem. Yes it’s easy to say what makes you stress but why does it? Are you stressed about work or the fact that you have so much to do in so little time that you’re now regretting having ‘just one more drink’ instead of finishing off what should’ve been your priority? No one likes to think about whats getting them stressed but once you’ve found the problem solving it is going to become much easier!

Sharing Is Caring! 



Talk about it! If you know me then you know that I love a good rant! That’s not because I’m completely miserable (emphasis on ‘completely’) it’s because I feel much better once I’ve talked about whats on my mind.  Whether it’s something I’ve seen on tv, a piece of coursework that needs to be finished that I can’t bring myself to do or if I’m just generally in a foul mood that day, speaking about whatever is bothering me makes me feel much better and almost lifts a weight off my shoulders. I know that talking about feelings and emotions isn’t for everybody but for me it’s a massive help. Usually when I have a problem my ‘go to girls’ would be my mum and my best friend as they are the people I’m closest to and the people I trust the most. I thought I’d add a photo of me and my best friend Ell I’ve mentioned ‘My best friend’ in a few posts so I thought it’s about time I actually said a proper name and put a face to that name!

"Music Expresses That Which Cannot Be Said And On Which It Is Impossible To Be Silent"  


Music is possible one of the if not the very best way to calm me down and help me de-stress. It’s been said that calm, classical music is the best type to relax to but in all honesty I find that listening to any music I like works! Whether it be Lana Del Rey or Eminem it doesn’t matter how fast or slow the song as long as it’s a song I love my I automatically become much more relaxed with music than I am without it! 

Bubbles Make It Better! 


As a girl, I find having a massive, steaming hot bubble bath an amazing way to relax! A lot of people like to go on their phone or read magazines in the bath but I just tend to listen to music! Warning: If you feel the need to Instagram a photo of you in the bath make sure you’re careful, dropping your phone in the bath defeats the point of trying to de-stress! Let’s face it, a broken phone doesn’t do any good whatsoever when trying to relax! 




"The Greatest Weapon Against Stress Is Our Ability To Choose One Thought Over Another" 


A good way to avoid stress is to not think about whatever it is that stressing you out! Now, I don’t mean not doing you’re homework because it’s too hard or not paying back money! I simply mean if your problem is a problem that might not be in your control, simply do something to take your mind off of it! Exercise, reading, watching a film or your favourite TV show or youtube videos are all good ways to let off steam and help you stop worrying about things! 

"Well, That's Inspiring!" 


I’m not sure if this tip is for everyone (it might just be something strange I do when I’m not feeling 100%!) but I find reading inspiring quotes helps me ‘see the bigger picture’ if you like! It’s so cheesy but if I read or see something inspiring that cheers me up it really does make my day and makes me realise that a lot of my ‘problems’ are actually easier to solve than I originally thought! 

Perfect Pampering!


Pampering is definitely one of the best ways to relax! Whether you splash out on a spa day or weekend and a manicure, pedicure and hair cut or buy ,or even make your own, face mask from your local Boots pampering is a dream when it comes to relaxation! As well as making you feel and look great, it does wonders for your skin and self esteem! And lets be honest, who wants to turn a pamper session?

"Why Don't You Do Something?"


Instead of staying at home dwelling on the negatives, why not do something where you get the chance to get distracted from your worries and enjoy yourself! I've found recently that going out for a night out is not only fun and a good way to bond with friends, but it also helped me forget about any worries I had no matter how big or small! For me personally, a night with my closest friends and a few cosmopolitans is the ultimate way to let my hair down and forget about my problems even if it is just for one night! 

"No Problem Can Be Solved From The Same Level Of Consciousness That Created It"


Now all these methods do help me relax and de-stress but lets be real, if you do have a problem the best way to relax would be to actually solve the problem! I know in some cases it’s easier said than done but once the problem is solved there usually isn’t anything else to worry about! 


As you may have guessed from my many tips, I tend to worry a lot so I think it’s fair to say that when it comes to stress and worry, I’m quite a reliable source! Of course, these tips might not work for everyone but they work for me so I wanted to share them with all my fellow stress heads out there! 

Thank you, 
Becca x 





Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne