Taylor Swift Red Tour
Hello everyone,
If you’ve read some of my previous posts, or know me personally, you will know that I go to quite a lot of concerts and see quite a lot of my favourite artist live. For the past two years, I have had a concert or event planned for nearly each month of the year (a list of last year can be found here http://alittlebitofbeccax.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/my-2013.html) this year has been no different. Last month I saw Maroon 5 however I did not post about it. It’s now February which means a new month and for me, a new concert!
February 2nd I saw the wonderful Taylor Swift on her ‘RED’ tour, admittedly a few years back I was never her biggest fan (a few of my close friends thought I was generally joking when I told them I was seeing her live!) but like a lot of girls my age, I’ve grown to adore her and her music. When I purchased the tickets I was expecting a good show however, after seeing her live I can say she is much better than I thought and the show was much better than I ever could expect!
The support act were a new up and coming boy band ‘The Vamps’ before the concert, I had already heard of them through YouTube and they already had a song which did very well in the UK charts ‘Can We Dance’. After a short while of them being on stage, it was clear that everyone loved them and enjoyed their music (then again who isn’t a fan of a group of cute boys that can sing and play instruments really well?) a highlight for me was when they sang their cover of ‘Mr. Brightside’, originally by The Killers 'Mr Brightside' is a favourite song of
mine and I have to admit, I think anyone covering it must be very brave especially in front of thousands of people its a well known song loved by everyone and having seeing The Killers
live myself, I was a bit worried whether or not anyone could pull it off and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! There aren't many people who can do such a classic song justice, especially when the original is so perfect, so I was very impressed at how well they pulled it off! However, the best moment of their performance has to be when they performed ‘Can We Dance’, this song was popular in the UK charts and it showed as the second the song began to play the whole of the O2 sang so loud it could’ve easily been The Vamps own concert! They were more like a popular headline act rather than a relatively new support act. They were honestly one of if not THE best support acts I’ve ever seen (and I’ve seen a few that I’ve loved!) I would happily consider seeing them live on their own tour one day.
mine and I have to admit, I think anyone covering it must be very brave especially in front of thousands of people its a well known song loved by everyone and having seeing The Killers
live myself, I was a bit worried whether or not anyone could pull it off and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! There aren't many people who can do such a classic song justice, especially when the original is so perfect, so I was very impressed at how well they pulled it off! However, the best moment of their performance has to be when they performed ‘Can We Dance’, this song was popular in the UK charts and it showed as the second the song began to play the whole of the O2 sang so loud it could’ve easily been The Vamps own concert! They were more like a popular headline act rather than a relatively new support act. They were honestly one of if not THE best support acts I’ve ever seen (and I’ve seen a few that I’ve loved!) I would happily consider seeing them live on their own tour one day.
Now onto the main event! Taylor is clearly well loved by her fans, the amount of handmade signs and red themed costumes (to fit with the tour and album name) was astonishing. When she came out it was clear to see that her fans were excited to see her not only because they like her songs but because the majority of them look up to her and idolised her in some way whether it be her vocal ability, song writing skills or personality.
It’s not hard to see why her fans adore her so much, from the beginning to the end of the show she kept the whole of the O2 engaged (thats about 20,000 people) from the band, to the dancers to the songs and vocals every minute of the show was entertaining. I noticed that she spend a good chunk of the show speaking to the fans, it seemed like she was honestly humbled and thankful for every single person who attended the show, a lot of artists (especially one as successful and famous as Taylor is) tend to just sing the songs and say a few words to the audience every now and then so it was nice and refreshing to see someone who actually made a big effort to make her fans feel welcome. The show itself was incredible, she sang live and put on a memorable and energetic show, it’s no surprise that she is doing a world tour and sold so many tickets that she had to put on 5 shows the O2! She also surprised the crowd by bringing out another up and coming artist Sam Smith (probably known best for being featured on Naughty Boy's summer hit 'Lalala' Taylor and Sam did a duet of Sam's new hit song 'Money on My Mind' which was another hilight of the show for me both artist are incredible live and I would like to get a chance to see Sam Smith live again.
Usually by the end of a show I’ve enjoyed myself but I’m tired and ready to go however, this time I didn’t want it to end! I would happily see Taylor Swift again in a heartbeat! I was also a fan of the outfits my personal favourite being the beautiful red dress that Taylor is wearing in the picture above. Throughout the show, a number of different themes came up from a huge party, to a ‘Phantom of the Opera’ inspired stage to a toy box (random I know) to a circus, the show went through a vast number of themes to keep it different and interesting which certainly worked! (Fun & useless fact for all you 'directioners' out there, Niall was actually there the same night I was and was sitting close to where I was!)
Overall the RED tour is one of the best shows I have ever seen and Miss. Swift did not fail to disappoint I highly recommend seeing her if you ever get the chance.
I'll end this post with another one of my favourite pictures taken from the night. This was when she was singing 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' moving around the O2 on a revolving platform.
Thank you,
Becca x






Comments
Post a Comment