Piercing Profile: Ears


Hello everyone!

As much as I adore blogging and the blogging community I can’t help but notice that it is ver much beauty/fashion themed orientated. I love beauty products as much as the next girl I even post reviews on products myself however one reason I started a blog is to not only express my opinions but help people. I’ve noticed that there are many blogs dedicated to beauty and ‘how to use’ but not really any posts concerning how to look after things such as piercings or tattoos things nearly everybody has. 

So, I’ve taken it upon myself to try and change this and help as many of you as I can by posting about my own experiences I can’t stress enough that I am NOT AN EXPERT OR PROFESSIONAL however, I’m honest and have been pierced quite a few times (11 to be exact). 

So, before I start this little Piercing Profile I think it would be best to first of all post about the piercings I have (I will be blogging more about each individual piercing). 

So first things first. Lets start with the ears.




1. Lobes (Double lobes)

Like many other girls my first piercings were my earlobes I got them pierced when I was 7 (which was quite old compared to other people I knew) I got them done with a gun in Claire’s I cant remember the exact price but it wasn’t expensive. All I really remember is them giving me a bottle of solution that I had to apply to help clean the piercings. I also got my double lobes when I was 12 (this was probably when my piercing obsession began!). 

2.Helix 

Helix piercings are piercings that are in the cartilage bit of your ear so anywhere from the top ear to near the lobes. Although cartilage piercings aren't particularly that painful, they will be more painful and harder to look after than lobes as they are more prone to keloids.

3. Tragus

The tragus is the little bit of you ear that I suppose ‘sticks out’ it’s basically just a thick bit of cartilage. As it’s cartilage, it’s going to be more painful than a lobe piercing and more prone to keloids and scar tissue, but if you look after your piercing properly this shouldn’t be a problem. 


4. Rook

Finally, the last piercing I will be talking about in todays post. The rook. Again, the rook piercing is a cartilage piercing and in all honesty by far the most painful of all my piercings! But please remember, everyone is different so this piercing might not be bad for you! Some people say that their nose piercing was their most painful and my nose piercing didn’t hurt me at all! 

As I mentioned previously, I will be doing posts about each individual piercing and going through them in much more detail. Until then, thank you for reading this blog post, I will happily answer and questions you have in the comments. 

Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne