Gift Guide: Valentine's Day Edition

It's February, which means Valentine's day is upon us! Valentine's day can be a tricky holiday when it comes to gifts. Some couples choose to only get small gifts, some go all out as if it's as big as Christmas and some don't even celebrate it at all! I thought I'd compile a list of potential gifs to buy your partner. Whether you want to buy them something small and budget-friendly or want to splash out on an extravagant present, either way, this list will have you covered and may even give you some inspiration for the perfect present for your loved one.




‘Reasons why I love you’ cards/book

Simple, thoughtful and best of all cheap- maybe even free! All you have to do is get some paper or notebook, a pen and think of reasons why you love your boyfriend/girlfriend. To make this simple gift fancier you can buy some nice patterned cards or a luxury looking notebook to make it look fancier. There are also many websites that sell products like these which means you may be able to make making this gift easier, but you'll probably end up paying more! 

Photo frame & a cute photograph


Another budget-friendly but thoughtful present. All you will need is a pretty photo frame and a photo of you and your partner. You can even find photo frames that have poems on them and you can also get them personalised from some websites. Bonus points if the photo in the frame was taken on a special occasion, first date, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays etc. 


Unique Experiences



Luxury car driving experiences, spa weekends, hot air balloon rides, theatre tickets even being a zookeeper for a day! There's an endless list of experiences you can buy for your partner. This is a great idea if you can't think of what to get them plus, they may enjoy actually doing something rather than receiving a materialistic gift. Of course, some of these experiences are more expensive than others and some may require a large budget.


Board games/ video games 



Okay, so I know it sounds random and probably a little bit boring and there's a 95% chance you're taking the piss out right now- I don't blame you! But hear me out! This could be a great thing to do together when you want to have a date night but don't want to spend a lot of money. My boyfriend Calhan and I often play video games together and we even played Monopoly a few times on the Xbox, so I decided to get the board game version and we have so much fun playing it. Also, it's a good way to see how secretly competitive your partner really is! 

Smart assistant/ Smart speaker


Amazon Echo and Google Home just to name a couple. These voice controlled devices are so, so good! I never really wanted one until my boyfriend bought one and now I love it! You can ask it to play music and ask it any question and it will answer it. Granted, sometimes it won't understand you and you may end up having to repeat yourself, you may even request a song and end up listening to a completely different track! But overall, these little devices are fab and I'd definitely recommend these as a valentine's day present. 


‘Valentines Day Night In' hamper


Valentine's day is on a Wednesday this year, which sucks for those of us who have work on Thursday! So if you want a nice way to celebrate this romantic holiday then why not put together the ultimate night in hamper? I love a hamper and I often recommend them in my gift guides. Some items you could throw in are a bottle of wine (or whatever drink you and your partner would prefer) some snacks, a DVD and maybe even a small gift too. Maybe you could even throw in that video or board game I mentioned earlier! Open the hamper after a nice homemade romantic meal (or take away because let's be real, cooking can be annoying) and enjoy your ultimate romantic night in. This gift can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be and it can also be extra thoughtful if you add little details to make it more special for your partner, for example, a film you love to watch together or a film you both want to see etc. 


So those are just a few suggestions that could make really cute, special valentine's day gifts. Some of the ideas are simple, but you could make them very personal and special for your partner. 

As for me, Calhan and I are having a cute night in on Valentine's day and celebrating Valentine's weekend by going to the restaurant where we had our first date! 

Wheather you're planning a luxury night out or a romantic night in, I hope you have a lovely Valentine's day and enjoyed reading this post. 

Until next time, 

Becca x







Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne