Out With The Old In With The New: Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018

Usually, when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve, I think about the year that has just passed and often think it's a shame such a good year has passed. Then, I think about the New Year ahead and think about all of the exciting possibilities it could bring. 

This time, I felt slightly different. For me, 2017 was honestly one of if not the best year of my life. It was the year I felt like I made huge personal achievements and picked up new life lessons. If I'm being completely honest, I was so sad to see 2017 go and a part of me is scared 2018 won't bring me as much happiness. 



In 2017 I graduated uni. The past three years of my life were pretty much all about university and although I graduated in July with a degree I'm proud of (2:1 in Multimedia Broadcast Journalism), a part of me still finds it strange that I no longer have lectures to attend, I never have to write another essay or complete a piece of coursework. Graduating was one of the if not the biggest achievement of my life. All of the hard work, homesickness and anxiety was all leading up to the moment I would finally have my degree in my hands and now that I have it, I couldn't be happier. A lot of people ask is university worth it? I could write a whole blog post on that but if you want my personal opinion in a one-word answer- absolutely



2017 was also the year I landed my dream job (the same week I graduated and went to Mexico, that was a good week!) and I'm in love with it. I can't remember if I've spoken about my career so I'll just talk about it briefly. I'm a showbiz journalist and presenter, this basically means I get to go to a lot of film premieres, red carpets and other fancy events and interview celebrities. I've only been working full time since August but so far I've met some of my favourite celebrities including Margot Robbie. Although I've not been in the business long I can honestly say that I love my job and the people I work with, and I know that I'm very lucky to be in a position where I love going to work every day and my work doesn't feel like work because I love it so much. 



I also travelled last year and was very fortunate to have had two holidays. In January I finally went to Rome with my best friend and I went to Mexico with my Mum and brother in August. During these two trips I made so many amazing memories that I will treasure forever, there is nothing more I love than spending quality time with the people I love. 


 

That brings me on to the next big thing that happened to me in 2017. I don't want to say too much because I know it's cringe and I also don't want to boost his ego so I'll cut it short otherwise I may never hear the end of it (kidding!!!) but basically, I met my boyfriend and I'm very happy. He makes me very happy and I love how my life is right now. 



2017 brought me so much happiness and so many memories. Of course, not all of the memories were positive ones, at one point I honestly thought 2017 was going to be the worst year ever, but it turned out to be the exact opposite. In a way, I wish that I had a pause button so that my life would stay exactly how it is now because I'm so content and happy. It's crazy but part of me feels emotional knowing that 2017 is over, because no one knows what the future holds 2018 could be shit or it could be the best year yet.I have a sneaky suspicion I'll be just fine but, I guess we'll just have to wait and see to find out!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope 2018 brings you lots of happiness, luck and laugher. 




Until next time, 

Becca  x


Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne