Real Talk: Things I've Learnt In 22 Years


Last month I celebrated my 22nd birthday, and after celebrating a very lovely birthday weekend with my boyfriend I decided to write a post. Only in true Becca style, life got in the way and a month later I'm only now just posting it!

Before I talk about what this post is really about, I just want to share what I did for my birthday because it was a really special day and it makes me happy. Calhan surprised me by taking me out for an incredible meal at Bourgee where I had the best lobster burger! After a beautiful meal, we decided to do some spontaneous bowling and binge watch some movies and Faulty Towers (100% would recommend btw). It's fair to say that I had an incredible birthday and I'm very thankful and loved our little weekend as well as all of my lovely presents (that were wrapped in personalised wrapping paper btw), so thank you, my little cretin!




Two years ago, I was honestly freaking out about entering my 20's, I was about to start my second year of uni and in all honesty, I think a part of me didn't want to enter my 20's because so many life milestones are expected to happen. Graduating, buying property, maybe even marriage and kids, at 19 I was still burning my hair whilst cooking noodles (yes, that happened) so naturally, the thought of properly ‘adulting' terrified me.  Now at the age of 22, I have a degree, a full-time job in a career I'm in love with, I drive, I'm in a happy relationship and I'm genuinely happy and content with how my life is going. So I thought I'd make a list of some the most important things I've learnt in 22 years.


Living Abroad Is One of the Best Experiences You Can Ever Have


Last year, I had the most amazing opportunity to live, study and intern abroad. I've written a few posts about this already so won't talk about my experience, but I will say that it was the scariest and rewarding and most life-changing thing I've ever done. I grew as a person, made so many memories, met amazing people, and I have some great stories.  Long story short if you ever get the chance to live abroad, even for a short while, do it. 


It's Okay Not To Be Okay

Let's get real, life can be such a little bitch sometimes! And the older you get, the more stressful it can be. We also go through upsetting times when all we want to do is cry and feel a bit sorry for ourselves. It's so important to take time to breathe and realise that it's fine to have your down days. Growing up can be hard, responsibilities can get on top of you and sometimes you just have to admit that it can get a bit much. Just make sure you take some time for yourself and try and make yourself feel better.

 

Travelling Is An incredible & A Valuable Experience



True, it can be expensive but it's so worth it! Not only is it so much fun, but it opens your eyes to different cultures and different ways of living. The world is so big and it's worth seeing as much of it as you can.  Wheather you're embarking on a solo backpacking adventure or going Magaluf with your pals, travelling can make some incredible memories you will treasure forever and it's one of my favourite things to do.



Some Of the Best Things Happen When You Least Expect Them





If you know me or have been on my blog before, you'll know that I love to plan everything. I've always known this was impossible but recently I've learnt that trying to make everything into a routine can sometimes cause damage! Sometimes the best things in life happen when you least expect them. Some of the best nights out have happened when I decided to go an hour before leaving. I've also had first-hand experience of meeting a certain someone when I did not expect it what so ever and fair to say I'm more than happy this happened (lols, cringe!).

Mother Does Know Best


I can fully imagine the look on my mum's face when she reads this and she's probably thinking something along the line of ‘it's about time you realised that!'.  Now I don't want to sound like Norman Bates from Psycho, but I love my mum! We're so close and she's my best friend, she's also very wise. Hand on heart I can honestly say my mum has been right about most if not every situation I can think of. Mum's have your best interest at heart and will give you the guidance you need even if you don't want it! My mum has spotted any fake friends/ people to be wary of well before I spotted any red flags myself. Value you mother's opinions and listen to her- because mama knows best! 


Life Has A Funny Way Of making sure things work out



One thing I've noticed about life is that often, situations often work themselves out. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason. I believe everyone in your life teaches you lessons and I believe in fate and destiny. So, the next time you're worried about something remember that things will somehow work out in the end. Unless you're in a really shit situation then you're on your own and good luck. Sorry!


I feel like I should stop now before it looks like I'm trying to preach! The point of this blog was really for me to sit and share some of the biggest and most important life lessons I've learnt over the past 22 years. When I was younger and even now, I'd love to hear some first-hand advice about some of life's problems, so hopefully in some way, this has been like a helping hand for someone who stumbles across it!

Thank you for reading!



Until next time,

Becca x




Comments


  1. شركة نسر الجنوب للخدمات المنزلية

    من افضل شركة التي تقدم الخدمات المنزلية بمنطقة عسير ابها وخميس مشيط واليكم بعض من خدمات ابها الشركة لديها كافة الفروع في منطقة الجنوب عليكم بالتواصل معنا الان لتلبية خدماتكم وطلباتكم
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بابها

    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بابها شركة التميز الجنوبي , نقوم بكشف تسربات المياه بأفضل معدات الكشف واجهزة الكشف عن طريق افضل العمالة المدربة على اعلى مستوى اتصل بنا عبر الويب سايت الخاص بنا
    شركة عزل اسطح بابها

    عزل الأسطح من الخدمات المتميزة جداً التي تقدمها شركتنا شركة نسر الجنوبي للخدمات المنزلية عزل الخزانات وعزل الفوم بأفضل معدات العزل ,
    شركة نقل اثاث بابها

    نقل الأثاث من الخدمات التي لا بد من توفرها في شركتنا , حيث السركة لديها افضل السيارات وافضل أدوات التغليف اتصل بنا الأن
    شركة رش دفان بابها

    رش الدفان من أهم خدمات الشركة التي تقدمها , الشركة ليدها كافة خدمات الرش والمكافحة ومن ضمن تلك الخدمات خدمة رش الدفان خدمات مكافحة الحشرات عن طريق شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها

    خدمات التنظيف تعد
    شركة تنظيف منازل بابها

    تنظيف وتعقيم المنازل وكافة خدمات المنزل من غرف ومطابخ وحمامات وتنظيف الشقق الجديدة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها

    خدمات ابها



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne