Best Budget Friendly Christmas Gifts


Hello everyone!  It’s finally December, which means the best time of the whole year is here! It’s no secret that I love Christmas, I start planning Christmas shopping months in advance, I buy Christmas themed candles the second they hit the shelves and I start listening to Christmas songs the second it hits November.

So, because Christmas time puts me in such a good mood, I feel more inspired to blog and what’s better than blogging throughout the whole of the Christmas season? So to kick-start my Christmas themed posts, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about the perfect Christmas presents on a budget! Let’s get started!

SCENTED CANDLES


Of course, I couldn’t write a whole post about what to buy someone for Christmas without mentioning scented candles. I know that everyone who knows me personally is probably rolling their eyes at me right now because everyone knows how obsessed I am with scented candles- especially Yankee’s Festive range and The White Company!

Yankee and the White Company have an amazing selection of different scented candles every year for the holidays, but I have to say my own personal favourite has to be Yankee's Sparkling Snow. It’s the most beautiful smelling candle and if I could buy it all year round and in an even bigger size, believe me when I say I would!

There are literally thousands of scents you can choose from, so it's almost guaranteed that you'll find a scent you know someone will love. If you're buying for a man and you're not sure they will appreciate fruity or floral scents, many scented candle brands also have scents that are more appealing and designed for men too, so there is something for everyone! 

Let’s be fair, if we’re being honest, Yankee and The White Company aren’t the cheapest candles you can find on the market and there are some other great brands you can buy instead. So seen as I’m meant to be talking about budget friendly gifts, here are some links to some slightly cheaper candles. They might not be Yankee, but they still smell good and will do the job!

Cheaper Scented Candles 





BATH TIME PRODUCTS



Bubble baths are an absolute must in the winter, there is nothing I love more than snuggling up in the winter in a bath with an amazing bath bomb or bubble bar! 

Now, when we think of bath products where is the first place we think of? It has to be Lush! Again, it’s no secret that I’m low key addicted to Lush and pretty much every product I’ve had from them. They sell a variety of products from lotions, to scrubs to make up, admittedly their bath products are my favourite but they offer so much don’t feel that you can only limit yourself to soap and bath bombs!

Price wise I think Lush are very fair, you can use a lot of their products more than once and to be honest, they aren’t very expensive anyway, especially for Christmas presents. And again, if you’re worried that a bath bomb is ‘too girly’ then Lush offer products designed more for the men in your life too!



I can’t list every Lush product I’d recommend because I’d be here all day! But what I will do is list a few of my favourites! One I have used recently is ‘Santasauras which is a reusable bubble bar, which creates a mountain of bubbles! It turns your water green, smells great but let’s be honest, the best part is that it’s shaped like a dinosaur wearing a Santa hat!

Recommended Christmas Lush Products:







PERSONALISED ITEMS


I love anything personalised! I think it makes any present look so much more thoughtful and like everyone says, it’s the thought that counts (especially when you’re sticking to a tight budget).

While you can find many personalised gifts in stores (such as mugs with letters on etc.) I thought I’d tell you about a website I stumbled across that sell a wide variety of gifts that can be personalised. From a coffee mug to jewellery, prezzybox.com offers endless possibilities for the perfect personalised gift ranging from  under £3! 

Here are some items they sell that I think would make ideal Christmas presents!





HAMPERS


Possibly one of the most thoughtful gifts there is (and one that you can make with even a low budget). Last year, my best friend made a hamper for her parents and inside it was a variety of all their favourite things. Hampers make amazing presents because not only are they thoughtful and can be inexpensive to make, but they are also useful so you can be sure that whoever will receive your hamper will love it!

You can make one with basically anything, alcohol, food, beauty products, anything really you don’t even have to have a theme! They are also really fun to make and you can decorate them as much or as little as you want!

Last year, my best friend made the most beautiful hamper for her Mum, inside she put a variety of her favourite cleaning products, and decorated it with flowers and roses she made from towels. She placed everything in a basket and it made a very thoughtful and useful present her Mum adored!



So, there we have it! Just a few ideas for gifts that will make the perfect Christmas present that won't leave you breaking the bank! 

Whether you're a student who is still waiting for student loan to hit, sticking to a budget for your secret Santa, or just want to keep an eye on how much you spend this festive season, I hope this blog post has given you an idea of potential presents this year!

Thank you,

Becca x 

Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne