American Beauty Haul- Macy's, Bath & Body Works and Sephroa
As I’ve admitted numerous times before on my blog, I’m
obsessed with makeup Not just makeup, but almost anything beauty related or
anything that you can use on a pamper night (my LUSH collection is getting out
of control now). So of course on my day off I decided to spend a whole day shopping
at the mall to spend far too much money on beauty products!
Being from England, I can’t always get the same brands or
products I can here in America. Sure, there are websites that allow me to
purchase products not available in my country, but I will probably have to pay an extortionate amount of money for shipping etc. So while I had the chance, I
decided to go on a bit of a spending spree and pick up some products I’ve
always wanted to try.
First
on the list is Macy’s. More specifically, MAC. MAC is available in the UK, but it is cheaper in the US, not by much but still a saving is a saving and I love a bargain! Before I went to Macy’s there was only one thing on my
mind- MAC! MAC lipsticks are somewhat of an addiction of mine so, naturally, I
wanted to add to the collection. I’ve been looking for a somewhat nude pink shade for a while now, something that I can wear during the day without being
too self conscious about whether or not my makeup is ‘too much’ for the daytime
(is there such a thing as ‘too much makeup? I grew up in Essex after all!).
So when I found Please
Me it took me about five seconds to decide that this would be the latest
addition to my family of lipsticks. It’s a very pretty, soft pink colour that
will look good in the day and at night, particularly if you're waring a heavy eye and want to keep the lips neutral. It’s matte (of course) and I love
it!
Now I know this doesn’t strictly fall under the ‘beauty’
category, but Bath & Bodyworks products are quickly becoming obsessions of
mine. The second I got in the shop I decided that I wanted to buy absolutely
everything, but then realised that that was not
a good idea, so I settled for a few shower gels and body sprays and a couple of
hand sanitizers (don’t judge, I also have a slight obsession with hand sanitisers. The world’s a dirty place after all).
When I first stepped foot into the shop I was approached
by one of the employees who was telling my how moisturising their body wash was
and how nice it made your skin feel. I assumed that she was just saying this to
get to spend my money, but after her persuading me to test the products out for
myself I realised that it actually did make a difference to my skin but there
were so many different scents that I wanted, and I knew that I would never get
through them all in six months, so after what felt like forever looking around
I decided on a couple of my favourites.
And finally, the exciting part. The happiest place on
earth- SEPHORA!
I’ve already mentioned in previous
posts about how much I love Sephora and if I could live there I would, so we
all knew that if I was going to splurge my money in one place, it would be
here. Before moving to the US I had a mental list of products I wanted to
buy, and was recommended some to get too, so I made the smart decision of
planning what to get before I got there.
The first thing I picked up the second I got in the store
was Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara.
I’ve heard rave reviews about this product so couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Of course, the first thing you notice is the name, it’s tongue in cheek and you’re going to remember what it’s called (how can you not, with a name like that?) the second is how gorgeous the packing is. Who doesn’t love a pink mascara tube? The brush itself is a hourglass shape which is great for catching every lash, and after trying it out for myself, I can confirm that it does definitely make my lashes look a lot longer and thicker.
Now
I’ve mentioned previously that I have a ‘thing’ about my eyebrows. I’ll never
leave the house without filling them in and they are probably the thing that
takes the longest in my make up routine. I’ve been using Anastasia Beverly
Hills Dip Brow Pomade since September when I received it as a birthday present
from my best friend, and I haven’t looked back since.
The product is so easy to use and glides on, it’s by far
my favourite brow product I’ve ever used and trust me, I’ve been through a LOT
in my time! A little goes a long way with this stuff, as I said I’ve been using
it since September and I still have some left, but I’m running sadly low so
needed to repurchase. Highly recommend this for anyone as it’s so easy to use
and will last a long, long time.
Ever
since I was about 11/12 (yes, young I know) I’ve been in love with eyeliner.
Like my ABH brow promade, I will NEVER be seen without eyeliner, ever! Over the
past 7/8 years I’ve been trying out different brands and different types of
liners. Khol, crayon, liquid you name it, I’ve tried it! But my all time
favourite is gel, ever since I picked up a gel eyeliner, I’ve never bothered to
try anything else because I love it so much. My two favourites have always been
MAC and Maybelline, and although I love these two eyeliners, there is one that
I’ve always wanted to get my hands on. Possibly the most famous and highly
talked about gel eyeliner of all time- Bobbi Brown!
As a make up geek, I got so excited to buy and try this
product as I had such high expectations of it, and it does not disappoint! I
love this product, its so easy to apply and stays on for ages. It’s more
expensive than other gel eyeliners but it has a solid reputation and it is
genuinely a great product.
The
final thing in my haul today is Make up Forever’s HD Stick Foundation.
Like every other product I purchased, I’ve heard
incredible reviews for this so I couldn’t wait to try it out. The woman who
worked there was so helpful and told me a lot of information about all the
products I had in my basket, she also took her time when matching my foundation
shade to make sure it was perfect which I really appreciated as I would hate to
spend over $40 on a foundation which isn’t even the right shade! I've never used a foundation like this before, it comes as a stick and was told to basically 'draw' it on my face, I was a bit sceptical of how it would turn out and if it would give as good a finish as I hoped, luckily it did and I'm in love with it! It's easy to blend and gives an amazing coverage and it feels so light on my face and doesn't feel like its suffocating my skin. It's a really lovely foundation and I would purchase it in the future.
Until next time,
Becca x










nancy@mail.postmanllc.net
ReplyDelete