My 2014
December marks the end of a year, for some this may be upsetting and others an opportunity to start fresh and learn from mistakes made in the year just gone. Last year, I did a post about my 2013, the point of the post was so that I could look back and relive all the memories made. I thought I would do a similar post this year so that I can look back and remember all the good times 2014 has given me.
January
January marked the start of a new year and if you like ‘new beginnings’. It was also the month I finally got to see Maroon 5 after their concert had been postponed for seven months and Robin Thicke was the support act. I’ve been a Maroon 5 fan ever since I heard them when I was about eight and I was very impressed with their Overexposed album so I was so excited that I finally got a chance to see them!
February
February was the month I saw Taylor Swift’s Red Tour. I’ve been to many shows/concerts especially within the past two years but Taylor’s show is one of the few that stand out simply because I enjoyed it so much. It’s clear that she has a connection and genuine love for her fans and it was nice to see an artist interact with their audience as much as she did. I would happily see T-Swift again!
March
Over the past couple of years I have had something lined up every month whether this be a concert, travelling somewhere or going to see a comedian. March was the month I saw Jason Derulo and his support act Conor Maynard. When I heard Jason was touring the UK I wanted tickets and when I heard Conor would be supporting him I wanted them even more! Ever since both of these artist released their debut singles I’ve been a fan of both of them so I was very excited to see them both at one concert, and they did not disappoint!
April
April was a very exciting month for me and a month I had been waiting to come around for a very long time. April was when I finally went to my dream location- LA! I have always wanted to go LA, everything about it appealed to me the sun, starts, and everything else it had to offer. I went as part of a trip with my college and I got the opportunity to go visit LA Magazine, LA Daily News and The LA Times as well as visiting Universal Studios, Venice beach & Santa Monica and Hollywood Boulevard- something I have always wanted to do! Before April, I had never been to America before and it was always the country I wanted to go to so for me, April couldn't have gotten here fast enough! As part of the trip, I got the opportunity to write about my time on Venice beach for the online magazine Venice 3.1, my article was actually published which is an incredible opportunity for an aspiring broadcast journalist. I have so many nice things to say about LA and I really hope I get another chance to go there again. As well as finally getting the chance to go to LA, April was the month I got to do something else I had always wanted to do- see Russell Brand live! Like Maroon 5, I was actually meant to see him in 2013 but his show was postposed due to illness and I can say he was honestly worth the wait! As well as Russell Brand, I also got the chance to see Sarah Millican who is one of my favourite comediennes many of you may know her from her show ‘The Sarah Millican Television Programme’ on BBC 2, it is safe to say that her live material is just as good if not better than the television show!
May
May was a very good month for me as it was the month I got an offer from my first choice university. At the time, I just saw this as exciting news but a few months later I now realise that actually, it was the start of a journey! Applying for university can be a daunting process especially when the offers start coming in, it is both scary and exciting and it can be nice to get some friendly advise on what to expect which was the reason why I made a whole blog post about the university application process, if you are interested click here- http://alittlebitofbeccax.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/applying-to-university.html
June
Again like May, June was an exciting but slightly sad month for me as it was the month I finished college. Yes, at times I found college a bit difficult and stressful especially when it was nearing the end and I wanted to get the best grades possible in order to get into university, but two years is a long time and I really enjoyed college. When I reminisce about my college days all the memories seem to be happy, its the time I grew up a lot and I loved the course I did so leaving was sad but I was still so excited about the future ahead of me. As well as finishing college, I saw One Direction when they were on their ‘Where We Are’ tour at Wembley Stadium, I always feel that concerts at stadiums have a completely different atmosphere to those in arenas. Everything seems to be a hundred times bigger! 5 Seconds of Summer were One Direction’s support act and after that night I came away with another band that I loved!
A month after One Direction, I had another concert to go to that was held at Wembley Stadium and this time it was Eminem! I’ve always loved Eminem and he has always been top of my ‘Artists to see’ list so I was so excited when I managed to get tickets!He brought along some guests including Odd Future and Dr. Dre, Danny Brown and A$AP Rocky My dream holiday has always been Mexico, and July 2014 was the month I finally got to go! I’m lucky as I’ve travelled quite a lot but I can say, hand on heart, Mexico has been my favourite holiday! Everything about it was perfect from the beach, to the hotel, to the cocktails! I swam with dolphins, swam with sea turtles, partied on a boat with ‘Jack Sparrow’ and so much more, it was literally the holiday of a lifetime and I wish I was back there every day!
July
August
I left for Mexico on the 31st July so technically most of my holiday was in August, this was when I did the excursions but while I was away it was the day every student in college/sixth form dreads-results day! True, I got ‘unofficial’ grades the last day of college but my certificates confirmed that I had got a triple distinction (equivalent to 3 A’s) and an unconditional offer from my first choice university, so August was a fantastic month for me!
September
October
December
December is probably my favourite month! I love the winter and anything and everything to do with Christmas. This was my first Christmas at university and it was nice to celebrate it with my flatmates. December was the month I had my first celebrity interview with X-Factor, West End and Dancing on Ice Star Ray Quinn. It was such a good opportunity and he was such a lovely person to speak to (my interview with him will be up shortly). And of course it marked the end of 2014, which in a way was sad because it had been such a good year for me but I’m excited to be in 2015 and see what comes my way!
I hope reading this made you think of some memories you made in 2014 whether they are good or bad memories can teach us a lot of life lessons. Have a brilliant 2015
Thank you,




























nancy@mail.postmanllc.net
ReplyDelete