Long Time, No Speak!

Hello Everyone!

I think the phrase ‘long time no speak’ is a very fitting title for this post as I haven’t uploaded a post since the beginning of April and since them a lot has happened! 


First of all, since my last post I have ticked something of my bucket list which was go to LA! I went with my college to go to LA Times, LA Magazine and LA Daily News as I studied Publishing Print Based Media. I also got the opportunity to interview real artists who work in Venice in their studios, after interviewing them I got the chance to write an article about my trip for Venice 3.1 magazine which was a big deal for me as writing for a magazine (especially somewhere beautiful as LA) has always been a dream of mine. In general the trip was an amazing experience especially for an aspiring journalist/writer and I learned a lot about the industry I want to work in one day. 

As well as visiting a few of the worlds most famous magazine/newspapers, I got the chance to be a tourist too, I went to Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Universal Studios and Hollywood Boulevard as well as many other places. Los Angeles is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever been to and even though I have only been there once I can honestly say it’s one of my favourite places in the world and I miss it every day! 

Since my last post I have also finished college after a long two years and left with triple distinction (my courses equivalent to three A’s!) which of course I was very happy with. As much as I enjoyed college and my course, I found some aspects very challenging but I’m happy with the work I put in and the grades I got out of it! During my two years at college I did so much from writing articles, designing magazines, creating and writing children's books to interviewing fashion designers and even people not the street. Although there were many times I got stressed because of the work I can say, hand on heart, that I miss college and I probably always will. College didn't just give me the qualifications to get into university, it gave me the chance to travel to Paris and LA I know that its almost definite that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to go to either if it wasn't for my course! 

The ending of the academic year means the beginning of summer, this summer I jetted off to Mexico for two weeks and I had the most amazing time! Although the beach was incredible, I managed to drag myself away from it to swim and play with some dolphins, swim with sea turtles, swim in caves & cenota’s and went on a boat party with someone dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow! Mexico is one of the most beautiful countries I have had the pleasure visiting and I would go back in a heartbeat it was always a bit of a dream of mine to go there and it met and exceeded any expectations I had. I had already swam with dolphins when I was 12 but this time was so much difference as I got to do a foot push (the same tricks the trainers get to do) which made the holiday even more special. 

During the summer I have also turned 19 (I am writing this on 1st September which is actually my birthday so I only turned 19 today!) I must say I wasn’t excited to turn 19 purely because I loved being 18 so much, it felt like I waited my whole life to turn 18 and once I did the year just flew by! The start of my birthday also marks the start of September, which for me means I will finally be starting university this month! I have so many mixed emotions about starting university, I am excited but I’m also nervous. I’ve always wanted to go to uni so I know it it something I definitely want to do, but the thought of moving away from my family and friends is a sad and scary thought. I’ll be studying Broadcast Journalism and I’m looking forward to study a subject that I’ve wanted to do for years! I know that it’s going to be a big step but I’m still looking forward to starting a new part of my life even if it’s going to be scary first of all! 

So once again, I'm sorry for the lack of posts on my blog but as you can tell I have actually been rather busy! I'll end this post with a photo of the beautiful view I had for two weeks when I was in Mexico last month! 

Thank you, 
Becca x 



Comments

  1. I miss college too! The picture at the bottom looks amazing X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I didn't think I would but I do! And thank you, it was so beautiful there X

      Delete

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne