Packing Survival Guide!
Hello Everyone,
On Sunday I’m going to Los Angeles for a week for a trip with my college so naturally, as a girl with just under a week to go I’m already starting to pack! Although packing my suitcase makes me excited, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wished there was some sort of guide telling me how to make packing a more joyful experience as lets face it, packing isn’t many people's idea of fun! Although I cannot guarantee these tips will make packing your case ‘fun’, I hope it will make the whole experience easier!
Plan What To Pack
It might take a bit more effort but it’s also a lot easier than just deciding what to pack last minute. When I pack for a holiday I like to plan outfits in advance so I know that I have enough clothes and it makes deciding what to wear a lot easier too! It’s also a lot of fun shopping for clothes so it really is a win-win situation!
Do You Really Need That?
Many people, myself included, tend to make the mistake of overpacking! Personally, I’d rather take a few too many clothes rather than not take enough however, if you overpack too much you could accidentally exceed the luggage allowance, a good tip is to make sure you know exactly how much luggage you’re allowed to take on to the plane. Most airlines mention this in the brochure however, you could always phone them up to make sure! Think hard about what you’re planning to take then think harder whether or not you actually need it! For example if you feel you’re packing too many clothes or shoes take into consideration how long you’re away for and is what you want to take a) appropriate for where you're going (if you're going somewhere hot you probably won't want to take a lot of jackets or coats) and b) a necessity if it’s not, consider leaving it at home if you know you can live without it for a little while!
Talk To Friends
I find that if I’m going away with friends its a good idea to ask the people you're sharing a room with what you’re taking. As a girl, I cannot (and will not) live without certain necessities (these necessities being objects such as my hair straighteners) and chances are, your friends won’t want to either however, instead of everyone in your room bringing their own belongings, why not all plan to take one item each and share it could be a case of “I’ll take my hairdryer, you bring the straighteners” that way it saves room and there is less to take! Yes, we all love our stuff but is it really necessary to have a huge number of hair dryers, straighteners etc.
Leave It And Move On
This tip may annoy the hotel and maids but I must admit I do tend to do it a fair bit! There have been many occasions I’ve used up almost a whole bottle of shampoo, hairspray or sun lotion and I find myself thinking it’s pretty pointless taking back a bit of product I’ll never use again back home with me if it’s only going to take up room in my suitcase and get thrown away the minute I get home! If I have some product left that I won’t need or can easily find back at home I tend to leave it back in the hotel room so I save room in my case and have more room for anything I may have bought during my trip that way you don’t clog up your room in your case on useless items that you could leave behind. Consider it a gift to the hotel so they can remember you!
Those were just a few simple tips that will (hopefully) help you out when it's time to get packing!
I look forward to blogging all about my trip to LA when I get back, until next time
Thank you for reading,
Becca x


Comments
Post a Comment