My 2013


Hello and Happy New Year! 




2013 has sadly come to an end and it is now 2014, I say sadly because a 2013 was a pretty amazing year for me! I’ve been seeing post go round on Twitter and Tumblr that suggest writing down all good memories that happened in 2013, put them in a jar and then at the end of the year reminisce. I thought this was a really good idea because not only does it pick you up on a down day, but it makes it harder to forget the small little memories that make you happy. I must admit, I didn’t do this however I do have many happy memories and achievements from 2013.

January 

In January I try to have a fresh start and leave anything negative in the year just gone. Although if you’re not happy with something you should change it straight away, theres something nice about a new year because it’s a chance to have a new start and make new achievements and make new memories. In January I saw SPLASH! the show on ITV where diver Tom Daley teaches celebrities how to dive, although the wait outside was long and freezing it was really interesting and something different to see! I can now say I’ve been in the audience of a TV show! 

February

February 8th I saw Paloma Faith and managed to get front row, was really good to see in concert and sounds even better live! 

March 

March was a very exciting month for me as I passed my car theory test which meant I was one step closer to driving and I saw The Script. The Script are one of my favourite bands and seeing them live was a huge hilight, they also had one of the best support acts (The Original Rudeboys). I’d happily see them again next time they are touring! I also went to Paris in March and stayed in Disneyland it was amazing that although I was now seeing Disneyland as nearly an adult, it hadn’t lost it’s magic I really hope to go there again some day. 

April 

April I saw P!nk, who was unbelievable. If you have ever been to a P!nk concert or seen footage of one of her live shows, you will know that she is an incredible performer. Not only does she actually sing live, she dances and basically catapults herself into the audience. If she was to tour the UK again I would 100% see her again in a heartbeat.

May

May was a very exciting month for me because I saw Lana Del Rey. For those of you who don’t know, I am a huge fan of Lana and I have been since I can remember! I managed to get second and eventually front row (she even held my hand and sang to me which I must admit I did really fangirl over)! Of course, I’d see her again! 

June

June I finished my first year of college which meant it was finally summer! In June I saw The Killers which was completely different from any other concert I’ve been to before! I saw them when they played at Wembley Stadium it was the first stadium concert I had ever been too and the atmosphere is completely different this was my first time seeing The Killers live and I hope it won’t be the last because they were absolutely incredible. 

July 

July was summer and I was spending my summer cramming in driving lessons and shopping for my holiday which of course Iw as very exited about! I also got my latest and only piercing this year which was my conch piercing (the thick cartilage in your ear) I will be making more ‘Piercing Profile’ posts in the new year! 

August

August was a very exciting month as I went on holiday to Turkey. This was my first time visiting Turkey and as a lot of people I know have been and loved it I had very high expectations, I can happily say my expectations were not only met but exceeded. I saw a dolphin show, had a Turkish bath and massage, saw some beautiful waterfalls, and went to a Turkish market, I loved Turkey and I’d happily go back there one day! 

September

September was also a very exciting month for me as I finally turned 18! In the UK, when you turn 18 you are legally an adult, this means you can vote, drink and buy alcohol, go clubbing, gamble and get a tattoo. Since turning 18 I have got my car (which was a beautiful present) and gotten two tattoos, I’m possibly going to make a whole post about my tattoos). 

October

October again was a very, very exciting month for me as I finally passed my driving test! I passed on the 23rd and I was very happy because it meant I could finally drive my own car and I have the freedom to drive where and when I want! I also visited The Gaurdian newspaper on a college trip which was an amazing experience for me as I want to be a journalist and seeing the workplace first hand was very useful. 

November

In November, I saw Bastille who again, are one of my favourite bands ever! I generally have good luck when it comes to concerts as I nearly always get first or second row for Bastille I was second. Bastille are a very talented band the lead singer, Dan Smith, has very unique vocals that go well with the music!

December

Today is the last day of December and the last day of 2013 which I think is actually very sad. I have loved 2013 it’s been possibly the best year so far (apart from a couple of events but you have to have some downs to appreciate the up’s more). December I was meant to see Russell Brand but he cancelled which is a shame because I’m in LA the day he has rescheduled which is a huge shame because I was excited to see him! December is of course also Christmas and I had a lovely Christmas with my family this year, Chritmas is a time where I learn to appreciate my family even more, I also go spoilt with the presents which is always nice! 


 Although i’m sad to see 2013 go, I’m excited that we are now in 2014 and I hope that I can create more memories. I already have a few things planned this year which is very exciting! January, I am seeing Maroon 5,  February, I’m going to see Taylor Swift which I am so excited about, In March I am seeing Jason Derulo and Conor Maynard I’m a fan of them boith so that concert is definetly something I am looking forward too! April I am going to LA it’s been a dream of mine for a long time to go to America, especially LA so I am very excited for that! I am also seeing Joan Rivers which was a Christmas present. I’m a big fan of Fashion Police and Joan Rivers in general so I’m so excited to be seeing her! 

I hope that everyone has the best 2014 and achieves everything they set out to do! 

Happy New Year!

Becca x 

Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne