My Time In Turkey


Hello everyone!


As you can tell I’ve been neglecting my blog  a bit recently but I do have an excuse I’ve recently returned home from my holiday! For two weeks I was living in paradise when I went to Belek which is in Antalya which is in Turkey! This was my first ever time going to Turkey so I was excited as so many people seem to go there and everyone seems to love it and after staying there for two weeks it’s not hard to see why! 

Turkey is known for being a hot spot for families to go on holiday as it’s not too far away from the UK, the weather was perfect and the general atmosphere was very welcoming. i’m not going to write a long post about what I did every single day as I did a lot of lounging around by the pool and although it was brilliant, I don’t think it will be very exciting reading about it!

Turkey also offers many excursions so I’ll talk through a few I did! 

First of all in my opinion I don’t think you can go to Turkey and not have a Turkish bath or massage it’s honestly one of the most relaxing (and also traditional) things to do when staying in Turkey I would highly recommend it to anyone! Before this trip I’d never had a professional massage or went in a sauna, getting to both in a matter of a couple of hours was definitely an opportunity I wouldn’t say no to!  

Going back a few years now I went to the Dominican Republic and swam with dolphins, something I’ve always wanted to do! I loved it so much that ever since I’ve been waiting for a similar opportunity to come around again! As I went to Turkey with my Mum and seven year old brother we all wanted to do things that would be fun for the whole family so when we found out we could go to a water park to see a dolphin show, all of us became very excited! I may not have gotten a chance to swim with the dolphins but I suppose watching them do things like jump through hoops is just as good!



The trainers also got the dolphins to paint a picture which members of the audience would then bid for I think the winning big was a total of $45! 

I was also shocked to see that the show had not only two Beluga whales but also a walrus! I won't lie at first I thought the Beluga whales were very strange looking but after watching them perform their tricks I decided they were actually quite cute! 







When I think of walruses I always think of cold places, not top holiday destinations! I’ve always wanted to see a walrus in real life as my comfort toy when I was a child was a walrus so I got excited (probably more than I should have) when I was told that a walrus would be part of the show! The show itself was very entertaining and amazing for families if you happen to be going to Turkey I would highly recommend trying to see this show! 


Turkey is also well known for waterfalls and during my stay I managed to see two separate ones, both were beautiful but very different! One was very high but thin but the other which is the most famous waterfall in Turkey was really wide but only around six feet tall! I couldn’t resist putting a couple of photos up as they were so pretty! 


This is Turkey's 'most famous' waterfall this photo doesn't capture the whole of it as it is very wide! It is however only around six feet tall!


I visited this waterfall on an excursion I did before I went to Antalya market!


Of course you can’t go to Turkey and not visit a market! Whether you’re looking to buy ‘genuine fake’ clothes, headphones or what ever else you can guarantee that you will find something for everyone at a market, not only is it fun going shopping but you also get to experience a piece of Turkish culture and tradition which is always good when you go traveling! 

I realise that this post might not interest everyone but I had such an amazing time on holiday that I thought I’d write this post to not only share it with whoever reads is it but so I can look back on it and reminisce upon the time I had! After writing this post I’ve suddenly developed a case of the post-holiday blues and I’m wishing I was back at the pool drinking cocktails again! I enjoyed Turkey so much I would happily go back to make some more memories! 

Thank you, 

Becca x  



Comments

INSTAGRAM @iamrebeccajayne